The Red Cross is non-political International humanitarian organization devoted to the service of mankind. In India, the Red Cross society was established by an act of the Indian legislature in 1920 with the three objectives of the improvement of health, prevention of disease and mitigation of suffering.
The Youth Red Cross is one of the most active section of this society. It gives opportunity to lakhs of students all over India to be associated with the activities like building up the international fraternity of the youth , thus promoting the international friendliness, understanding and the cooperation.
FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES OF YRC:
- Voluntary service
- Protection of health and life
- Service to sick and suffering.
OBJECTIVES OF YRC:
- To conduct rallys, camps, orientation pragrammes to newly admitted students abput YRC, social and health awareness programmes.
- To encourage the students to extend their humanitarian services to the society.
- To develop leadership quality among the students.
- To inculcate in the youth of our country.
- To understand and acceptance of civic and human responsibilities.
- To offer first aid training to all the YRC volunteers.
- To promote voluntary blood donation among the youth.
- To counsel the students regarding the various preventives for their proper health and importance of blood donation.
- To foster better friendly relationship without any discrimination.
- To persuade the cluster of people to service through nurturing and edification.
- To enhance the technological prop up in the programmes, fund raisers, detection of materials and human resources.
YOUTH RED CROSS IN SAKTHI POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE:
YRC in Sakthi polytechnic college is one of the major boulevard among the International and Indian Red Cross Society which stands as a platform for the welfare of students' personality and character development.
ACTIVITIES OF YRC IN SAKTHI POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE:
- Hand washing day on 15/10/2017
- AIDS awareness rally on 11/12/2017
- Eye camp on 11/12/2017
- Siddha camp on 12/12/2017
- Physiotherapy camp on 12/12/2017
- Dengue awareness rally on 14/12/2017
- Blood donation on 15/12/2017
- Sports day programme for Elementary school students
- HIV awareness programme for girls on 16/12/2017
- Currency Exhibition on 20/12/2017
- Law awareness programme for girls students on 28/12/2017
- National Youth Day programme on 11/01/2018
- Cancer awareness programme on 05/02/2018
- ICTC, field visit on 09/02/2018
- Road safety programme on 13/02/2018
- Aids awareness programme on 14/02/2018
- World women's day celebration on 08/03/2018
- Yoga class on 21/06/2018
- Blood identification camp on 09/07/2018
- Women's health awareness programme on 10/08/2018
- First aid and general health on 07/09/2018
- Deworming day on 06/09/2018
- Road safety awareness programme on 24/09/2018
- Eye checkup camp on 04/01/2019
- Blood donation camp on 04/01/2019
- Campus cleaning on 24/01/2019
- Deworming day on 12/02/2019
- World women's day on 08/03/2019
- Deworming day on 08/08/2019
- Yoga class on 20/08/2019
- Role of Youth in Growing India on 29/08/2019
- Swachh Barath - Clean India awareness programme on 07/09/2019
- Global Hand washing day on 15/10/2019
- Tree planting day on 13/12/2019
- Next >>